Seen enough geoscience software made by geoscientists?
Log Studio™ represents a completely different approach; The platform is
orchestrated and written exclusively by software scientists to ensure unique and
unprecedented quality in terms of architecture, scalability, maintainability,
functionality and usability.
Log Studio™ is the jwitsml.org reference implementation
for WITSML and related real-time technologies. The program contains a
rich set of functionality for working with digital well logs and related E&P
Note that the pure WITSML data access is only a tiny part of building a full-scale
real-time E&P application. A client application must be able to do concurrent access
across multiple object sources and propagate the data asynchronously into a thread-safe
data model. Requested log curves may reside in different log sets, each measured against
separate Z references. Log data may be organized in runs that possibly must be
spliced live. The amount of data may be vast, and the client must be prepared to do
multiple queries to complete each server request. The client program must gracefully
handle unstable network connections, and should be able to operate 24/7 without interruption.
Log Studio™ addresses all of these issues.
From its domain within petrophysics, geology and reservoir engineering,
Log Studio™ is a research platform for:
- Advanced software architecture and scalability
- Real-time technology
- Parallelism and multi-threading
- User experience (UX) and usability analysis
- Very large data volume management
- Communication security through cryptography
- Modern web-technology and 3D graphics
- Advanced image processing
- Software development process and project management
As of summer 2016, Log Studio™ features includes:
- Real-time WITSML access (1.3 and 1.4) for all Energistics defined data types
- Support for common data formats such as DLIS, LIS, LAS2, LAS3, BIT, ASC, CSV, XLSX, SPWLA, SEG-Y, EBD
- Conversion between data formats and versions
- Direct upload of data to WITSML stores
- Complete editor for all properties of all WITSML data types
- Advanced visualization and interaction techniques
- Graphics export (PDF, CGM, PNG, HTML) and scaled hardcopy support
- High quality tabular exports through custom spreadsheet connectors
- Unit conversions using Energistics' elaborate online quantity database
- Advanced curve computation engine with spreadsheet-like formula definitions
- Synthetic log set generation
- Automatic curve classification through extensive online and offline provider catalogs
- Real-time access to Norwegian Petroleum Directorate (NPD) FactPages database
- WITSML well/wellbore creation directly from NPD
- Advanced and flexible WITSML real-time dashboard with visual and audio alarms
- Real-time Quick-Look interpretation (with write-back) from WITSML log streams
- Advanced log set manipulation, combination, depth shifting, filtering, thresholding and more
- Advanced time and location awareness for global data management
- Rich set of data analysis graphics through scatter plots, crossplots, histograms and charts
- Integrated virtual light table for visual log image compare and analysis
- Dynamic multi-culture and language support
- Accessors for third-party software like OpenWorks®, Recall™ and Petrel/Techlog
Petroware agressively pick processes, concepts, technology and
components to continuously improve Log Studio™. Considerable parts of
the product is based on free or open source software.
Open as PDF: Log Studio fact sheet.
- Based on the latest Java 8 technology from Oracle
- Advanced multi-threaded architecture
- Java FX 8 for web content and advanced 3D graphics
- Web communication through SOAP, WSDL and WebSocket
- TLS 1.2 for data communication integrity
- Advanced memory mapped I/O for fast access to multi-GB volumes
- Full WITSML 2.0 (ETP) support through JWitsml
- WITSML 1.4 and 1.3 support through JWitsml
- JAI for manipulation and visualization of very large images
- Highly customized track plots based on GeoToolkit™ from INT
- Web-prepared output based on HTML5
- Multilingual through translation text plug-ins
- Transparent online licensing control: No license server or license files!
- Skinable Look & Feel
- Extreme execution reliability due to 24/7 real-time requirements
- Advanced execution logging mechanisms and self-diagnosis
- Runs on Windows, Linux, Mac-OS and Solaris platforms
- Include light-weight installer for single-click deployment
- Automated updates
- Integrated issue tracking environment for enhanced user collaboration
- Source code version controlled using Git with
code complexity analysis,
unit testing and test coverage control
Illustrates the capabilities of Log I/O and how the library
is used in Log Studio.
Shows how to access raw DLIS content.
Shows overall features like plotting, unit conversion and cross-plotting.
Shows how to convert files between well log formats with single button clicks.
Shows various export features.
Illustrates the capabilities of JWitsml and how the library
is used in Log Studio.
Shows how well log content from various sources are uploaded to
WITSML with single button clicks.
Shows how to create synthetic log sets, copying content from
various sources, making computed content using the
Illustrates the capabilities of NPD I/O and how the library
is used in Log Studio. Shows the NPD data model and their
Please contact Petroware AS for more details on the Log Studio project.
To get your free 30-day evaluation copy of the product, please describe your
organization and how you think Log Studio could fit into your workflows.